Kole Management is a family-owned company with a 20-year tradition of owning and operating well maintained apartment communities featuring friendly, personalized service. We believe strongly in professional, respectful and helpful relationships between and among our employees, residents and business partners. Our company mission, renewed daily, is to match our customers with the best apartment home for their needs, and to help our residents continue to feel at home in their apartment and apartment community.
We are actively seeking a full-time leasing professional for one of our apartment communities in Richmond Hill, GA. If you are ready to join a team of passionate, impact-driven professionals, Kole Management Company wants to talk to you! Strong customer service skills required. Affordable Housing/Tax Credit experience desired.
Executes the property's marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease, and securing resident lease renewals.
Reports to:Community Manager
- Performs all sales and leasing activities to achieve the property's revenue and occupancy goals by greeting and qualifying prospects, conducting property tours and showing apartments, processing applications, credit screening, and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package, and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
- Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions that may impact the community's occupancy and sales results, develops and implements short- and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy, and follows the property's established policies related to concessions, specials, and other programs to boost occupancy.
- Designs and executes marketing activities to create and drive traffic to the property, including implementing resident referral and employer outreach programs, using internet marketing tools (Craigslist, Facebook, e-mail, and other websites), and following other property-specific marketing plans, drives, and special programs.
- Uses the on-site property management software application (OneSite, Yardi, etc.) to track apartment availability, record traffic and leasing activities, manage resident and prospect data, and capture critical demographic and other information about existing and future residents.
- Ensures that the property and show units meet the Company's standards for show quality by daily inspecting the marketing corridor and leasing tour, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the property's maintenance team members, merchandising and ensuring a physically appealing show unit and/or model and amenities, and preparing the leasing office for daily leasing activities.
- Follows-up with prospects and new residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank-you notes, and cards or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions to lease and/or renew.
- Executes and performs activities in support of the property's lease renewal program by preparing lease renewal letters and packages for residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates, and ensuring that lease renewal documents are signed and implemented on time.
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident and client/owner concerns and questions, and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s).
- Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or necessary
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; and promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the property's efficiency, profitability, and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, leasing and sales tools, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
- Incumbents work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
- Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities.
- Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
- Routine, local travel may be required to attend training classes, conduct market research, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include weekends and/or holidays.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management applications (preferably Yardi and/or One Site), and spreadsheet management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales, marketing, internet and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues and complete financial records, documents, and reports.
Kole Management Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against based on race, or, religion, sex (including pregnancy), or national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.