Kole Management is a family-owned company with a 25-year tradition of owning and operating well maintained apartment communities featuring friendly, personalized service. We believe strongly in professional, respectful and helpful relationships between and among our employees, residents and business partners. Our company mission, renewed daily, is to match our customers with the best apartment home for their needs, and to help our residents continue to feel at home in their apartment and apartment community.
We are actively seeking a Groundsperson for one of our apartment communities in Savannah, GA. If you are ready to join a team of passionate, impact-driven professionals, Kole Management Company wants to talk to you!
Meets standards regarding the appearance of the exterior physical features of the community by performing tasks to maintain the grounds, amenities and overall curb appeal of the property.
Reports to: Service Manager or As Assigned
- Inspects the community throughout the day to remove litter, debris, and pet droppings and ensure all common areas and amenities are neat and free of litter at all times.
- Removes trash and remaining items from vacant apartments prior to starting the make-ready process, transfers trash to dumpster or storage area as applicable, and cleans and maintains storage areas.
- Completes assigned minor and routine service requests as requested by Service Manager and/or Community Manager, and assists the make-ready specialist in the turn process.
- Changes all locks in accordance with the property’s policy and ensure gates to all pool areas are working according to codes and safety standards.
- Distributes notices and communications to residents as necessary.
- Informs appropriate supervisors of any observed hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, team members, guests and others.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, and responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services.
- Complies with Kole Management’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; and promotes a harassment-free environment.
Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
- Incumbents work both in and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property, including amenities.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, carry objects, and crawl in confined areas.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty-five (25) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
- Rare or regular travel may be required to attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include weekends and/or holidays.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Read, understand, and comply with product labels, safety, and policy, and procedure manuals.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, and user moved aids, mechanical equipment, and measuring devices.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a variety of practical situations and follow standardized procedures.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts and respond courteously to questions and request.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay with bonus potential
- Medical, dental, & vision care
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Life and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off (PTO) & paid holidays
- Employee discounts
- Employee assistance programs
- Opportunities for advancement – we aim to promote from within
Kole Management Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex(including pregnancy), or national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.